Its amazing what two years, many challenges, hardships, trials, kindness, support and love can do to change someone. When Jamie and I started talking more towards the end of 2011 and then almost every day at the beginning of 2012, I
Anyway.
By March of 2013 we were texting or talking on the phone every day. On my 21st birthday, Jamie asked me to be his girlfriend. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. He blew me out of the water!
March 26, 2012
Jamie was able to fly over to the US a few short months after we began dating. July was there before we knew it. He stayed for 6 weeks and we had a blast getting to know each other as "boyfriend and girlfriend". I realized how very much we'd both changed in the past two years. We spent a lot of time with my family, giving Jamie, and them, a chance to get to know each other. We spent a week in our favorite little town, South Haven, right on Lake Michigan, we took a few road trips to St. Louis and Kentucky to see my sisters. With the exception of this year, last summer was the best one of my life. Falling in love is one of the most amazing things ever! :D Here are some photos of our summer together.
We were also maid of honor and best man in Douglas and Magdalen's (our older siblings) wedding.
And then.....we had to say goodbye. Again!
I left Australia, again, but this time for the last time. We decided the wedding would be on June 1st. The following months were full of planning and organizing, working long hours, especially for Jamie, and trying our best to talk every day. Which proves to be very difficult with a 14 hour time difference and totally unpredictable internet reception. But I will say, "THANK THE GOOD LORD IN HEAVEN FOR IPHONES AND SKYPE AND THE LAMEST MOST AMAZING APP, VIBER!".
Next blog: Wedding, Honeymoon and the Big Move


LOVE IT! You two are beaming in all the photos. Fantastic. It's going to be so nice for your little ones to look back on these photos and journal and have a better understand of who their parents are and where they came from.
ReplyDelete